an opening thought....

Welcome to the Images by Sophie blog; sunrises, people, places, there's a bit of everything with a story or two thrown in for good measure. All the work is my own but some stories may be embelished, names changed and identities hidden. Mr reasons are three-fold; to protect the innocent, defend the guilty or just to make stories sound more interesting than they were in real life. I hope you enjoy the photographs, occassional story that goes with it and will come back from time to time.

Take a trip back to http://www.imagesbysophie.com.au/, contact me on sophie@imagesbysophie.com.au or 0405 738 744.

good wifey....

Ultimately, I'm a good wife. A couple of weeks ago a surprised a certain husband with a surprise trip down the South Coast for a couple of nights get away. (Those of who who are friends with him on Facebook would have seen the status update about me being devious. I resent that.)

The Drawing Rooms at Sunset
It was a proper good surprise as well, I'd packed all his clothes and golf clubs in the car (would have been surf board to but it is currently being repaired as someone may have split the damn thing almost in two) and turned up at his work with the instruction that he had until 4pm to get his shit together. All of his team knew, to which I owe a big thank you to Angela and Ve, and so his week suddenly got very short, and we were on holiday. I'd like to point out that I was incredible ill with flu and a chest infection, so I wasn't at my most appealing, and the drive from the northern beaches into the city was a bit treacherous (lots of young school children to swerve to hit avoid).

I love getting away, even if its just for a couple of days... slowing things down, ambling around a new place...love it.


Now the important things I must mention are:

If you're in Berry and are looking for somewhere nice to stay, The Drawing Rooms are highly recommended. It's up in the hills above Berry, so although it was a beautifully clear morning down below, we had a wicked mist the next morning...eery! Run by Roger and Toni, lovely couple, beautiful grounds, scrummy breakfast and very comfortable rooms.


Spooky!


 

Clearing
For eats, The Hungry Duck is awesome in Berry, modern Asian, run by Aussies...fantastic food and great service.

My next ve-hick-le

A quiet start to the morning at Mollymook beach














The next morning we drove down to Mollymook and spent the day lazing and sleeping on the beach, swimming and absorbing healing UVA &UVB rays. We ate at Rick Steins Bannisters....mmmm...to be honest we we're blown away. Expensive and a little stuffy, but it's been done so; tick, done, let's move on.


Morning Meeting



On the way back we drove the scenic route via the coast, someone got very nostalgic at some tiny little beach he surfed at a long time ago with his boys...ahhh....I've tried to find it on google... Coalsomething?!

A long way up.... spot the surfer and win a prize

That's probably about all from me... big fan of the South Coast, and always good to get away.

Oh yeah and tourist moment... I saw dolphins and my first live Wombat.

2 comments:

  1. Great pix babe, you certainly surprised the crap out of me! Thanks for a wonderful weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks wonderful, Soph. You're loving the new camera. Glad you got away for a break and pray you're feeling better.

    All our love,

    Pa and Carol. xxx

    ReplyDelete