an opening thought....

Welcome to the Images by Sophie blog; sunrises, people, places, there's a bit of everything with a story or two thrown in for good measure. All the work is my own but some stories may be embelished, names changed and identities hidden. Mr reasons are three-fold; to protect the innocent, defend the guilty or just to make stories sound more interesting than they were in real life. I hope you enjoy the photographs, occassional story that goes with it and will come back from time to time.

Take a trip back to http://www.imagesbysophie.com.au/, contact me on sophie@imagesbysophie.com.au or 0405 738 744.

Curl Curl...Curly Run Swim Chat Shoot


Rock Pool Headland Cloud
I’ve very pleased with myself for making the trek down to Curly on Friday to explore the strange new land of South Curl Curl beach at dawn. Actually, it’s neither strange nor new as the trek is about 3 kilometres and my winter runs take me past at dawn frequently. Anyway, major brownie points go to…absolutely no one, you’re all very lazy and none of you came to see me. (Half a brownie point goes to Heidi for almost coming down, well done…kind of.)
Ken's Bike
The most exciting thing about this shoot on Friday morning was using the new camera. Abusive cries of “Geek!” go unheard fellow blogites. This piece of equipment is the coolest thing I have ever owned, so I stand proudly and declare, “I love The D7000”.
How hot was this weekend?! I got to enjoy some of it, but I seemed to spend a lot of time doing stupid things like learning to do a backward bend until my foot touches my the back of my head. Why you ask… just because. In case you were wondering, I can do that now.
Fools Gold
I also had another photo shoot on Saturday, this time for the new yoga instructors and therapists at the Bikram Studio at Brookvale. I think I got some pretty good results, and with the help of Paul, the Studio manager there, we did a pretty good job of getting the ‘real essence’ out of everyone. There are a couple that I’m really please with, being Burnie’s and Phee’s, which I will post in a few days when I’ve edited them.
Boxing Tony
The best part of this getting up at dawn thing is the random people you meet. Tony was stood by the pool practicing his boxing skills, don’t get in his way, he floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee! I also met a friend of his, Ken…to be honest, I think he was drunk. He was Irish, so he probably was.
Lost

This morning I did Boot Camp with Matt and a few other early morning reprobates and there was a small Asian lady on the boardwalk near us who was feeding the sea gulls bread. Every time we would run past the birds would flap about a bit in a temporary panic as birds do and the woman would shout at us “Horrible Lady! There are people trying to eat here!” and other slightly psychotic, warped things of that nature.
Swoop
Now I don’t mean to be judgemental or cinical at 6.30 in the morning, but come on!! One; they are sea gulls. Two; feeding them bread is socially irresponsible and bad for their health. Three; they are sea gulls. Four; I think she should seek professional help. I should clear my conscience by admitting that we may have provoked the situation slightly by purposely running through the birds and shouting as we innocently jogged past. I’m on the express train to hell, first class.

Just for the record, no, the bird isn't fake.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. I used to run past the Mad Shadow Boxer on my morning runs. Always friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots Sophie! you're welcome back with us reprobates anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete