an opening thought....

Welcome to the Images by Sophie blog; sunrises, people, places, there's a bit of everything with a story or two thrown in for good measure. All the work is my own but some stories may be embelished, names changed and identities hidden. Mr reasons are three-fold; to protect the innocent, defend the guilty or just to make stories sound more interesting than they were in real life. I hope you enjoy the photographs, occassional story that goes with it and will come back from time to time.

Take a trip back to http://www.imagesbysophie.com.au/, contact me on sophie@imagesbysophie.com.au or 0405 738 744.

a day in the life of...

On Monday Heidi came to my office before we went to farewell Dave & Lisa (who should be now safely in Paris!) and I realised that she was entering a part of my life that she never sees. It got me thinking that a large portion of our day and lives are spent in places that we may talk about, but few other people outside your 'work life' actually see. Tell me, would you describe your partner's, parent's, sibling's or friend's daily routine?!

So in a slightly odd Friday mood, here's mine:


In the morning I get dropped off in North Sydney if I am lucky by Matt, he doesn't really like driving in this far, he would prefer to dump my at a cold and lonely bus stop in Neutral Bay where I have to wait for hours for a rude bus driver to stop.

It's a very traumatic experience, let me tell you.







Once in, I get a coffee, there is a cafe on the ground floor of my building, where I occasionally stop off at. This morning I was here and the barista (I think his name must be Mario or something equally Italian) was very excited about his new machine...apparently it is the Ferrari of coffee machines and has been called Sophia.







Cibo is a fun place to drop in on in the mornings, there's a bit of buzz going on and it helps click me into gear, and normally puts a smile on my face. The chef has just got an American-English Staffy cross...I've seen pictures...cuteness!
Pretty early on in the day I start thinking about what I would like for lunch....I would happily survive on Greek Yogurt and Honey for my entire existence, but I understand the importance of balance. You know how people say "if you carry on eating all those <carrots - for example> you'll turn into one". Is there a risk of me turning into a Greek, or a yogurt? Interesting dilemma!





I work on Level 8. Bet you didn't know that.
At the end of the day I get the bus home. If I'm really lucky, there is some complete nut job on board who manages to keep me entertained the whole way home.

I'm only partially serious about there. There are frequently lunatics on the L87, however this image is actually "The Professor", from the Camera House at Warringah Mall. Very useful resource and equally bad influence for purchasing new (always necessary) camera toys.



If there is no one entertaining on the bus, I'll read, maybe something educational, maybe not.

So tonight way not go home and ask someone you care about what they did today. Find out the little details, it'll make you feel closer.

Maybe I've done too much meditation this week.

1 comment:

  1. Nice day you had. Keep up the great photos for us Soph.

    ReplyDelete