an opening thought....

Welcome to the Images by Sophie blog; sunrises, people, places, there's a bit of everything with a story or two thrown in for good measure. All the work is my own but some stories may be embelished, names changed and identities hidden. Mr reasons are three-fold; to protect the innocent, defend the guilty or just to make stories sound more interesting than they were in real life. I hope you enjoy the photographs, occassional story that goes with it and will come back from time to time.

Take a trip back to http://www.imagesbysophie.com.au/, contact me on sophie@imagesbysophie.com.au or 0405 738 744.

home of the blue domes....

Personally, I think Santorini is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Matt and I were only there for around 24 hours, I think I took over 500 photos!

Make the effort to go there, once in your life. Take spare batteries and memory cards. Just walk. Get lost and you'll find some of the most amazing vantage points and be completely alone.

We caught a ferry from Crete to Fira. First thing I must mention is the coffee we had at the most random cafe at the ferry port. Think road-side truck stop campervan with a jar of instant Nescafe and a deep fat fryer and we're on the same page. Seriously, it was a cross between the best ice coffee you've ever had and a semifreddo, with a little splash of heaven thrown in for good measure. I know I sound crazy.

Definitely stay in Oi, on the other side of the island, which is actually one side of an old volcano.

Watch the sun set.

No comments:

Post a Comment